Thursday, November 16, 2006

Let bygones be begones.......

Folks, today I am in a nostalgic mood, chatted for almost 2 hours with a very old school friend after almost 5 years….….we talked about all the fun we had in the school, the games we played, all the gals who were ours but never were and of course about the first time we got drunk…and most importantly, the way we felt this world to notice us in everyway, eh!
It was the end of my stay in the hostel, my Certificates were in hand and i was supposed to move for further studies soon. By this time i was well accepted in the hostel community and we had our own little gang. Till then we had never drunk, one of my friends had smuggled his father’s scotch bottle, and sometimes we used to take little swigs from it. That’s about it. Then one fine day one of my friends fell for a gal in the school, we managed to convince him to propose to the her. He was hesitant, but we prodded him on (we thought it would be so much fun if she said no), and then we said.... look man if she says yes ,we are going to celebrate by drinking tonight but every bit of penny, ofcourse from him. The poor guy went ahead and of course was promptly rejected (all my friends share my fate in love it seems ….lol) , poor guy was completely heartbroken and came back to the hostel late in the night.
So we thought , what the heck lets get drunk anyways. If not in celebration, then otherwise too, afterall since when drinking requires any excuse? None of us had any experience of making drinks, but my friend who had turned into a devdas overnight, took a swig directly from the bottle.
I missed my school chums and college friends…such lovely years… such carefree times, na duniya ka gum, na zinadagi ki chinta..jaane kahan gaye wo din……. may be the that time was soley our's!!….Though I do wonder why i am turning so nostalgic these days….am i running away from my present? ….am i being an escapist? …Something i accused someone else of being….ahem ahem….

3 comments:

Vineet Bhatt said...

Really nice post nawang......brought back some nostalgic moments we(rahul,you,PC & me) spend back during MCA days.........:-)

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.